Low-level gateways that expose IPFS resources over HTTP protocol.
- Path Gateway Specification
- The most versatile form of IPFS Gateway is a Path Gateway. It exposes namespaces, such as /ipfs/ and /ipns/ under an HTTP server root and provides basic primitives for integrating IPFS resources within the existing HTTP stack.
- Trustless Gateway Specification
- Trustless Gateways are a minimal subset of Path Gateways that allow light IPFS clients to retrieve data behind a CID and verify its integrity without delegating any trust to the gateway itself.
Designed for website hosting and improved interoperability with web browsers and origin-based security model.
- DNSLink Gateway Specification
- DNSLink Gateways are an extension of Path Gateways that enable hosting a specific content path under a specific DNS name.
- Subdomain Gateway Specification
- Subdomain Gateways are an extension of Path Gateways that enable website hosting isolated per CID/name, while remaining compatible with web browsers relative pathing and the security model of the web.
- Web _redirects File Specification
- The Redirects File specification is an extension of the Subdomain Gateway and DNSLink Gateway specifications that enables URL redirects or rewrites by adding redirect rules to a0 file stored underneath the root CID of a web site.